Harry

Harry

Thursday, February 24, 2011



1. This was a really cute horse lying in the field and eating. It's hard to tell but he's adorable!
2. Harry wearing the "magic blanket": it's got some sort of therapeutic property and it helps the horses' muscles heal and repair so they are less sore.
3. The GIANT rice krispie treat at Disney. There were a bunch of flavors and sizes...I managed not to give in but I REALLY wanted one!

Well. Yesterday I didn't update the blog. I fail ;) My trainer rode Harry yesterdy in a jumper class and they ended up 8th out of about 30. The 8th place ribbons are brown, which we now call "mocha" as I'm very proud of my mocha ribbon. Even MORE exciting: I won a mocha ribbon today out of 30. ALL BY MYSELF! I was riding well and Harry loves his new job description as a jumper. Life is good in Ocala. The weather continues to be amazing, it's been 80 degrees and sunny pretty much everyday. I'm wearing my 85SPF so I'm not as tan as I'd like but I'm being responsible! Maybe on Sunday I'll take my chances and feel a little burn before I head back up north on Monday.
I forgot to mention that I also jumped at least three jumps with only one stirrup! It was terrifying but I was more afraid of what Mary (my trainer) would say if I circled than I was of falling off!
Emma continues to be an awesome horse show dog and is currently exhausted. We both ate dinner (Chik Fil A for me) and are all washed up and ready for bed! I have another jumper class tomorrow afternoon and one horse to ride earlier in the day. The days are long and I feel like I never really sit still but I love every minute of this sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment