Harry

Harry

Saturday, February 19, 2011













1. Harry and I in action in the jumper ring.
2. Walking the course to prepare for my round with MaryLisa
3. My mom and me at dinner tonight.

My day started on a really positive note: clean round without time faults. Harry was great. By the time our second class rolled around I'd been sitting at the ring for 2 hours analyzing others riding my course. I'd taken the course apart and ridden in backwards, forwards and sideways...This is not good for me at all. I was always the jumper rider who wanted to go FIRST and get it over with. I do not do well with lots of time to think. So, tomorrow, there will be no thinking. None at all. ;)
Then, MaryLisa had a ring conflict and we waited some more. By the time Mary came back and was ready for me I had stressed myself out pretty well. Then, once I was in the ring I was rattled because the rider before me had a rail down and the jump crew missed it so I had to halt and wait. I picked up my canter and EVERYTHING we had talked about flew right out of my head. Poor Mary...I looked at her desperately and there wasn't anything she could do for me at that point. I only had one rail down but it was just poorly ridden and I was disappointed in myself and I felt bad for letting Harry down; he's trying his little heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment